Subject Source: Reuther Taxonomy
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Executive Committee (EXCO) was established in 1951 as part of the organizational restructuring of ALPA, with the first meeting occurring in 1953. The Committee worked with the president in a consultation role and was designed to execute policies made by the Board of Directors (BOD) and Executive Board (EXBD) as well as recommend policy to both bodies. In addition the Committee also determined the organizational structure of the home office, ratified staff members, and was a trustee for ALPA...
Dates: 1953 - 1992
Abstract ALPA Photographs is a collection of photographic prints and negatives produced and compiled over decades. The materials came to the Reuther from what is currently known as the Communications Department; previous names of the department include Publicity and Public Relations, and ALPA Publications. The images collected appeared in the union’s publications, including the Air Line Pilot, and in conjunction with various public relations tools, such as news releases. The prints and negatives...
Dates: circa 1940-1981; Majority of material found within circa 1940-1969
Abstract The ALPA San Francisco Joint Council Office (SFO) was the office of Local Executive Council (LEC) 56, which represented employees of Pan American Airways (PAA). The records contain such materials as meeting minutes, correspondence, and committee reports. One of the subjects included is the February 1961 pilot furlough triggered by the flight engineers’ strike.
Abstract This collection contains the files of First Vice President Alex C. Bonner and Secretary John P. Giberson, as maintained by the Secretary's Office. Bonner and Giberson took office in January 1971. The majority of the records are related to air safety. Many of the files concern ALPA’s anti-hijacking program, T-Plus.
Dates: 1970 - 1972; Majority of material found within 1971 - 1972
Abstract The Steward and Stewardess Division was created by the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) Board of Directors in 1960 after ALPA and the Air Line Stewards and Stewardess Association (ALSSA) separated in 1959. Following the same basic structure as ALPA, the division had its own Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Executive Board, and national officers of Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Initially consisting of 20 airlines and around 3,580 stewardesses, by 1969 the S&S Division...
Dates: 1949 - 1977; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1971