Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract In November, 1868, seven members of the Ladies’ Christian Union opened the Woman’s Hospital and Foundlings’ Home in a tenement at Cass Avenue and Montcalm Street, a private, non-profit institution and the first facility in Detroit dedicated to providing care and shelter for abandoned, widowed and unwed mothers and their babies. In 1965, Woman’s Hospital changed its name to Hutzel Hospital and continued its devotion to research into the diseases of women. It is now part of the Detroit Medical...
Abstract Marion Josephine Wright was a registered nurse at Harper Hospital and later at Jennings Memorial Hospital in Detroit, MI. She was a member of the Board of Directors of the District Nurses Association, a Vice-President if the Detroit Council on Community Nursing, and was on the advisory committee for the Practical Nurses school. In the early 1950s, Wright was the Associate Director of Harper Hospital. During her tenure as associate director, she was the author of many articles on patient care,...