Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Teacher educators

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

AFT Southern Regional Office Records

 Collection
Identifier: LR001863
Abstract The American Federation of Teachers (AFT), was founded in 1916 to improve the working lives of teachers through out the country by affiliating with the AFL-CIO. The Southern Regional Office is one of five satellite offices of the AFT located in Atlanta, Georgia. It represents teachers, paraprofessionals, and school-related personnel who are members of AFT in the states of: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and...

Howard Hursey Papers

 Collection
Identifier: LP002047
Abstract Howard Hursey was a national representative for the American Federation of Teachers. This collection documents his time as an organizer from the 1960s through the early 1970s. The American Federation of Teachers experienced huge growth in membership during this time and the collection represents this and the strain on AFT workers. Mostly Hursey organized in the Southern United States, but there are materials from Los Angeles and Illinois and points in-between. The correspondences contain...

Otto Feinstein Papers

 Collection
Identifier: WSP001900
Overview Dr. Otto Feinstein was professor of Political Science at Wayne State University from 1960 until his passing in 2003. While at Wayne State, Feinstein was an educational innovator, creating opportunities for students at all levels of life and making the classroom a space for activism. The collection reflects Feinstein’s involvement with many key programs, centers, and initiatives, including the Southeast Michigan Regional Ethnic Heritage Study Center, To Educate the People (TEP), The Working...

Wayne University College of Education Teacher Placement Records

 Collection
Identifier: WSR000096
Abstract The Detroit Normal Training School was founded in 1881 by the Detroit Board of Education in order to train teachers for Detroit's public schools. The Normal School was renamed the Detroit Teachers College in 1920; in 1933, the Detroit Teachers College became the College of Education of the newly formed Wayne University.