Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Jews. American

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

JCA: Sinai Hospital Guild Records

 Collection
Identifier: UR001748
Abstract Sinai Hospital Guild was a Women's Auxiliary, established in 1952 by the hospital's board of trustees, made up of women from several Jewish community organizations around Detroit. Their focus was to establish and train a corps of volunteer who would assist in patient, clerical, and general hospital support. Their records document their activities until Sinai Hospital was closed in 2000.

JCA: Sinai Hospital Records

 Collection
Identifier: UR001813
Abstract Sinai Hospital was created out of a demand for a hospital that would provide staff affiliations for Jewish doctors and care for patients in Detroit, free of the discrimination found in hospitals in the early 1900s. Through considerable fund raising over many decades, the hospital broke ground in 1951, opened in 1953 and underwent tremendous growth and development over the years. Sinai Hospital was sold to the Detroit Medical Center in 1997. It was closed in 1999 and merged with Grace Hospital...