Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Harper Hospital was founded in May 1863 on land donated by Walter Harper. The hospitals first patients were Civil War soldiers, and it continued its designation as a military hospital during both World Wars. In 1866 Harper Hospital opened as a general hospital and would add a nursing school in 1883. The hospital's records relate to the history of both the hospital and its School of Nursing.