Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract The Lyrick Club was formed in 1909 as a social group of young men who served as ushers at the Lyceum Theatre and Garrick Theatre at the time. The name comes from a combining the names of the two theatres. Club rooms existed on the Lewis Block on Griswold Street where the Guardian Building now stands. A summer cottage was also maintained on Lake St. Clair. Club members continued to meet until about 1917 as life began to pull them in different directions, including serving in the armed forces...
Dates: 1909 - 1966