Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Executive Board (EXBD) was created in 1947 as part of ALPA’s governing structure to assist the Board of Directors (BOD) and manage the Association in between conventions. The Board is administrative in nature, exercises control over the association and manages its business affairs while the BOD is not in session. Made up of pilot and co-pilot representatives of each airline as well as the President, Executive Vice President, Vice President of Administration and Vice President of Finance,...
Abstract The Executive Council (EXCL) was created by the Board of Directors (BOD) in 1992 to replace the Executive Committee. Like the Executive Committee the Council draws its power from the BOD and is designed to help govern the Association when the BOD is not in session and also to interpret the Constitution, By-Laws and policy. Unlike the Executive Committee the Council was not designed to make recommendations in policy. The Council covers mainly Financial and Accounting, and Organizational and...
Abstract The President's Department records are arranged in three parts. Part I: The Air Line Pilots Association was formed in secret in 1930 by a group of “Key Men” from each airline, they formed openly and affiliated with the American Federation of Labor in 1931. In that same year David Behncke was elected president of ALPA, an office he held twenty years, until being recalled in 1951 (and off and on through 1952 during his legal battle with ALPA). His successor, Clarence Sayen, held...
Abstract Air Line Pilot is ALPA’s main publication and has been in continuous print since April 1932. The first volumes were published twice a month, and came in newspaper form, running about 4 pages each. ALPA soon began to produce Air Line Pilot monthly and steadily increased the page count, eventually publishing in the present magazine form in 1949. Air Line Pilot covers a variety of topics relevant to pilots such as news in the airline industry, ALPA structure and Association news, technical...
Abstract The Wayne State Center for Peace and Conflict Studies (CPCS) was formed in 1965 as the Center for Teaching About War and Peace, until 1987 when it was changed to its current moniker. The files mainly reflect the center's activities from 1960 to 2003.