Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Orchestra Hall, home of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, underwent an expansion effort in 2001 to help realize the Orchestra's expanding vision. The 130,000 square foot expansion, named the Max M. Fisher Music Center (now the Max M. and Marjorie S. Fisher Music Center), was completed in 2003 and added an education wing, administrative offices, musician dressing rooms, catering kitchen, new venues, new box office area, and atrium lobby. This collection reflects the financial records of this...
Dates: 2001 - 2004
Abstract Built in 1919, Orchestra Hall was the home for the Detroit Symphony Orchestra (DSO) until the financial pressures of the Depression forced the DSO to move to the Masonic Temple Theater. Renamed the Paradise Theater, the Hall remained a performance venue in Detroit until 1951 when the building was virtually abandoned. In 1970, Orchestra Hall was scheduled to be demolished when a group of local citizens, led by DSO bassoonist Paul Ganson, intervened. These concerned citizens formed Save Orchestra...
Dates: 1919 - 2003; Majority of material found within 1970 - 1998