Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract In 1925, the Jewish Woman's Club of Detroit affiliated with the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW, established in 1893) and became the National Council of Jewish Women, Detroit Section (now Greater Detroit Section). The group’s philanthropic mission remained to “promote kindness and helpfulness in general and to elevate the mental, moral and social status of young Jewish women in particular.” Over many decades NCJW-GDS has implemented many programs for child and family welfare. The...
Dates: 1891 - 2004
Found in: Walter P. Reuther Library