Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3

Grace Hospital Records

 Collection
Identifier: UR001352
Abstract Grace Hospital opened for patients in December, 1888 with seventy-five beds. It expanded rapidly over the next several decades, serving over 15,000 inpatients and 90,000 outpatients by its fiftieth year, 1938, and opening the Northwest Branch in 1942. Building additions in 1953 and 1964 made Grace the second largest voluntary non-profit hospital in Michigan. Grace and Harper Hospitals merged in 1973 and consolidated with other hospitals in the newly-created Detroit Medical Center in 1985. The...
Dates: 1880 - 1993

Harper Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association Records

 Collection
Identifier: UR001462
Abstract The Ferrand Training School for Nurses at Harper Hospital opened in 1884 and, while eventually changing the program's name to Harper Hospital School of Nursing, continued to train nurses through 1979. The Principal of the Farrand Training School, Lystra E. Gretter, and a collection of nursing graduates organized the Alumnae Association of the Farrand Training School for Nurses on January 4, 1893 and first incorporated on April 23, 1921. The name eventually transitioned to Alumnae Association of...
Dates: 1889 - 2002

Wisconsin Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals Records

 Collection
Identifier: LR001909
Abstract The Wisconsin Federation of Nurses & Health Professionals (WFNHP) is part of the healthcare division of the American Federation of Teachers. The WFNHP began as the Staff Nurses Council of Milwaukee (SNC), which won the right to represent nurses in 1965. Originally, the SNC was affiliated with the American Nurses Association (ANA), but due in part to the ANA’s reluctance to participate in collective bargaining, the SNC disaffiliated in 1977. In 1979, the SNC began expanding to include...
Dates: 1964 - 2004; Majority of material found within 1964 - 1995