Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3

Harper Hospital Records

 Collection
Identifier: UR001446
Abstract Harper Hospital was founded in May 1863 on land donated by Walter Harper. The hospitals first patients were Civil War soldiers, and it continued its designation as a military hospital during both World Wars. In 1866 Harper Hospital opened as a general hospital and would add a nursing school in 1883. The hospital's records relate to the history of both the hospital and its School of Nursing.
Dates: 1857 - 1989

Harper Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association Records

 Collection
Identifier: UR001462
Abstract The Ferrand Training School for Nurses at Harper Hospital opened in 1884 and, while eventually changing the program's name to Harper Hospital School of Nursing, continued to train nurses through 1979. The Principal of the Farrand Training School, Lystra E. Gretter, and a collection of nursing graduates organized the Alumnae Association of the Farrand Training School for Nurses on January 4, 1893 and first incorporated on April 23, 1921. The name eventually transitioned to Alumnae Association of...
Dates: 1889 - 2002

Marion Josephine Wright Papers

 Collection
Identifier: UP001541
Abstract Marion Josephine Wright was a registered nurse at Harper Hospital and later at Jennings Memorial Hospital in Detroit, MI. She was a member of the Board of Directors of the District Nurses Association, a Vice-President if the Detroit Council on Community Nursing, and was on the advisory committee for the Practical Nurses school. In the early 1950s, Wright was the Associate Director of Harper Hospital. During her tenure as associate director, she was the author of many articles on patient care,...
Dates: 1950 - 1970; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1957