Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Citizen Action (CA) was founded in 1979 by former members of Students for a Democratic Society and the Indochina Peace Campaign as a coalition of state and national liberal consumer and activist groups. It organized door-to-door canvassers to work on the state level promoting CA membership and educating the public on issues such as health care, energy, environmental concerns, and auto insurance. Citizen Action was also active in election campaigns on the local, state and national level to...
Abstract Mildred Jeffrey worked as an organizer for the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America, as Educational Director of the Pennsylvania Joint Board of Shirt Workers, as a consultant to the War Labor Board, as Director of the United Auto Workers (UAW) Women’s Bureau, and as Director for UAW Community Relations and Consumer Affairs Departments. Ms. Jeffrey was also active in the Democratic Party and was a founding member and chair of the National Organization of Women’s (NOW) political arm, the...
Abstract The National Association of Letter Carriers’ Information Center, located at NALC headquarters in Washington, DC, is the result of efforts by NALC research director F. John Miller to create a collection of material to support research activities and meet the information and educational needs of the officers and staff. The information center works to gather and disseminate current information, consolidate and preserve historic documents, and to support NALC research initiatives. This collection...
Abstract Robert Millender (1916-1978) was an influential attorney, political strategist, and campaign manager in Detroit, most notable for his efforts to establish political power for African Americans in the city throughout the 1960s and 1970s. He began his legal and political career in the mid-1950s as a labor attorney, including appointments to the Workers Compensation Board and the Trade Unions Leadership Council. In the early 1960s, Millender and George Crockett, Jr. began working toward the goal...
- Subject: Local elections X
- Austin, Richard H. 1
- Blue Cross Blue Shield 1
- Bolger, William F. 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Citizen Action (U.S.) 1
- Civil Service Retirement System (U.S.) 1
- Coalition of Labor Union Women (U.S.) 1
- Democratic Party (Mich.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (U.S.) 1
- Fritschler, A. Lee 1
- Giaimo, Robert N. 1
- Gildea, James C. 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 1
- Magnuson, Warren G. (Warren Grant) 1
- Mahaffey, Maryann 1
- Millender, Robert L. 1
- National Association of Letter Carriers (U.S.) 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- New Detroit, Inc. (Detroit, Mich.) 1
- United States Postal Service 1
- United States. National War Labor Board (1942-1945) 1
- Wayne State University 1
- Young, Coleman A. 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more