Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Jewell Mills was active in organizing the Utica Federation of Teachers and was a vice president of the Michigan Federation of Teachers. This collection contains issues surrounding teacher bargaining in the mid-1960s.
Dates: 1962 - 1968
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 239 serviced General Motors plant employees in Baltimore, MD. The records of the local reflect its activities as representative of Fisher Body Plant workers, before they merged with Local 678, Chevrolet assembly operations.
Dates: 1948 - 1969
Abstract UAW Local 417 was chartered in 1945. The original charter was issued to Great Lakes Greyhound Garage in Birmingham, Michigan. An amalgamated local, its membership comes primarily from auto parts companies in Detroit's northern suburbs: Clawson, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Troy, Ferndale and Sterling Heights. Dean Spooner became President of the Local in 1963, and remained in office for the remainder of the period covered by this collection. Subjects include: auto parts plants in Detroit's...
Dates: 1954 - 1983
- Automobile industry and trade 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Plant shutdowns 1
- UAW Locals and Regions 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 2
- American Federation of Teachers 1
- Bluestone, Irving 1
- General Motors Corporation 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 239 1