Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1

UAW Local 417 Records

 Collection
Identifier: LR000715
Abstract UAW Local 417 was chartered in 1945. The original charter was issued to Great Lakes Greyhound Garage in Birmingham, Michigan. An amalgamated local, its membership comes primarily from auto parts companies in Detroit's northern suburbs: Clawson, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Troy, Ferndale and Sterling Heights. Dean Spooner became President of the Local in 1963, and remained in office for the remainder of the period covered by this collection. Subjects include: auto parts plants in Detroit's...
Dates: 1954 - 1983

Filtered By

  • Subject: Labor unions -- Organizing X
  • Subject: Collective bargaining X
  • Subject: UAW Locals and Regions X
  • Names: International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America X