Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract This collection consists of the papers of Kenneth Forbes, a UAW leader in the Saginaw area. Forbes held different offices in the union including the President of Local 455 and was also active politically. His collection covers his active years in the union and his retirement and gives a glimpse into the life of the politics and challenges of an elected official in the UAW.
Dates: 1927 - 1973; Majority of material found within 1946 - 1971
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 27 was established in 1950 when Eaton Wilcox Rich moved from Windsor to London, Canada. The local's records document the operations and activities of its thirteen amalgamated units.
Dates: 1951 - 1969
Abstract United Auto Worker Local 602 services Fisher Body Division of General Motors in Lansing, MI. The local's records document routine operations as well as its contribution to the development of the UAW and the advancement of labor in the community.
Dates: 1937 - 1960; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1959
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 650 grew out of Local 182 in Lansing, MI representing Reo Motors employees. The local survived a company bankruptcy and reorganization in the late 1930s and early 1940s and numerous company-union conflicts in the post WWII period. The records of the local reflect its operations and activities upon behalf of its members.
Dates: 1937 - 1964
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 833 has had divisive history between workers at the Kohler Co. in Kohler, WI and their employers. First organized in 1933 by the American Federation of Labor, workers were soon embroiled in a jurisdictional dispute with a company-formed union, the Kohler Workers' Association (KWA). Following a strike, the KWA won the bid from the NLRB to represent workers, but leadership soon became dissatisfied and voted in 1952 to join the UAW.
Dates: 1897 - 1965; Majority of material found within 1933 - 1960
Abstract Local 887 of the United Auto Workers was borne out of labor struggles between its predecessor union, UAW-CIO Local 683, and North American Aviation in Los Angeles, CA shortly before American involvement in WWII. Because of the company's production of military aircraft, the federal government has historically been closely involved with labor disputes affecting Local 887's members. The records of UAW Local 887 reflect the union's long struggle with management over such issues as wages and union...
Dates: 1938 - 1986; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1977
- Contract negotiations 3
- Grievance procedures 3
- Strikes and lockouts 3
- Collective bargaining 2
- Labor disputes 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Aerospace industries 1
- Automobile industry and trade 1
- Automobile industry workers 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1 ∧ view less
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 5
- Reuther, Walter, 1907-1970 3
- General Motors Corporation 2
- Bluestone, Irving 1
- Chrysler Corporation 1
- Forbes, Kenneth 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- International Union, United Automobile Workers of America (CIO). Local 833 (Sheboygan Falls, Wis.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 27 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 602 1
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 1
- United States.. Senate Select Committee on Improper Activities in Labor and Management 1
- Woodcock, Leonard 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more
∨ view more