Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract United Auto Worker Local 602 services Fisher Body Division of General Motors in Lansing, MI. The local's records document routine operations as well as its contribution to the development of the UAW and the advancement of labor in the community.
Dates: 1937 - 1960; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1959
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 650 grew out of Local 182 in Lansing, MI representing Reo Motors employees. The local survived a company bankruptcy and reorganization in the late 1930s and early 1940s and numerous company-union conflicts in the post WWII period. The records of the local reflect its operations and activities upon behalf of its members.
Dates: 1937 - 1964
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 833 has had divisive history between workers at the Kohler Co. in Kohler, WI and their employers. First organized in 1933 by the American Federation of Labor, workers were soon embroiled in a jurisdictional dispute with a company-formed union, the Kohler Workers' Association (KWA). Following a strike, the KWA won the bid from the NLRB to represent workers, but leadership soon became dissatisfied and voted in 1952 to join the UAW.
Dates: 1897 - 1965; Majority of material found within 1933 - 1960
- Collective bargaining 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Automobile industry and trade 1
- Grievance procedures 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ view less
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 2
- Reuther, Walter, 1907-1970 2
- Bluestone, Irving 1
- General Motors Corporation 1
- International Union, United Automobile Workers of America (CIO). Local 833 (Sheboygan Falls, Wis.) 1
∨ view more