Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract This collection includes correspondence, drafts and manuscripts relating to Rinehart's biography of Samuel Gompers. Also included are interviews with Mary Anderson, Elizabeth Christman and Mary Erb.
Dates: 1949 - 1966
Abstract Letter Carriers answered a call to meet in Milwaukee in 1889, with the intention to form a national association to ensure improved salaries, better working conditions, and greater security for letter carriers and their families. The National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC) continues its efforts while representing over 300,000 active and retired city letter carriers from 2,500 branches across the country.
Dates: 1860 - 2009
Abstract The Tucker P. Smith Collection is comprised of more than 70 political and labor buttons, primarily from the 1930s and 1940s. Subjects include early UAW Ford organizing and dues, socialist politicians and political groups, World War II, as well as a variety of other unions and events of importance to the labor movement.
Dates: 1925 - 1955
Abstract Between 1985 and 1998, the United Auto Workers and the Walter P. Reuther Library cooperated in a project to document the careers of members of the UAW International Executive Board and important events in the history of the union. Collection consists of audio recordings, some video recordings, transcripts for 18 interviews, and a metal die of the UAW logo created for printing the transcripts. Past and current IEB members discuss their backgrounds; entry into the labor movement; early careers;...
Dates: 1985-04-30 - 1997-07-28
University of Michigan -- Wayne State University Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations Reprint Series Publications
Abstract University of Michigan – Wayne State University, Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations, Reprint Series 29, 31, 34, 36, and 38. Material is generally dated from the 1960s.
Dates: circa 1960s
- Automobile industry and trade 1
- Labor leaders -- United States 1
- Labor literature 1
- Labor movement 1
- Labor unions 1
- Letter carriers 1
- Oral histories 1
- Postal Service -- United States 1
- Socialism 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Transcripts 1
- Video recordings 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ view less
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Barnard, John 1
- Bluestone, Irving 1
- Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations (University of Michigan--Wayne State University) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Ford Local 600 1
- National Association of Letter Carriers (U.S.) 1
- Pflug, Warner W. 1
- Rinehart, Blanche 1
- Ruggles, Glenn 1
- Seidler, Murray 1
- Smith, Mike (Michael O.) 1
- Smith, Tucker P. 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more
∨ view more