Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 599 represented workers in the Buick plant in Flint, MI and is noted for its involvement in the anti-Martin struggles during the early years of its existence. The records of the local reflect routine operations.
Dates: 1936 - 1966
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 650 grew out of Local 182 in Lansing, MI representing Reo Motors employees. The local survived a company bankruptcy and reorganization in the late 1930s and early 1940s and numerous company-union conflicts in the post WWII period. The records of the local reflect its operations and activities upon behalf of its members.
Dates: 1937 - 1964
Abstract United Auto Workers Canadian Region 7 began the same year as the international union and was recognized by all major automotive manufacturers in the early 1940s. With a reputation for being militant, the union grew to be the largest in Canada, pioneering pension security, guaranteed annual wages, pre-paid medical prescriptions, and wage parity for workers in the country.
Dates: 1937 - 1970
- Collective bargaining 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Airlines -- Collective bargaining 1
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Contract negotiations 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 2
- Burt, George, 1903- 1
- General Motors Corporation 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 599 (Flint, MI) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Region 7 1
- McDermott, Dennis 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more
∨ view more