Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract 'Bill' Williams was a prominent figure in CIO Local 76 (later UAW Local 560), Ford Motor Co. assembly plant in Richmond, CA., helping to organize workers and serve as an officer. His papers reflect events at the plant surrounding the jurisdictional rivalry between the AFL and the CIO and eventual designation as a UAW shop.
Dates: 1936 - 1967; Majority of material found within 1937 - 1958
Collection — Container: Small Processed Collections: W-Z, Box 15, Folder: 13
Abstract Robert Wright served as president of United Auto Workers (UAW) Local 274. Mr. Wright's papers document the 1944 Chicago Dodge plant election between the International Association of Machinists Lodge 113 and UAW Local 274, and the campaigns of factions within Local 274.The Robert Wright Collection consists primarily of handbills and other material documenting the 1944 election between International Association of Machinists Lodge 113 and UAW Local 274 to represent workers at the...
Dates: 1944 - 1945
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 239 serviced General Motors plant employees in Baltimore, MD. The records of the local reflect its activities as representative of Fisher Body Plant workers, before they merged with Local 678, Chevrolet assembly operations.
Dates: 1948 - 1969
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 833 has had divisive history between workers at the Kohler Co. in Kohler, WI and their employers. First organized in 1933 by the American Federation of Labor, workers were soon embroiled in a jurisdictional dispute with a company-formed union, the Kohler Workers' Association (KWA). Following a strike, the KWA won the bid from the NLRB to represent workers, but leadership soon became dissatisfied and voted in 1952 to join the UAW.
Dates: 1897 - 1965; Majority of material found within 1933 - 1960
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 932 was chartered in 1961, providing service to the Minneapolis-Moline Division of Motec Industries, Inc. in Minneapolis, MN. The local was embroiled in an intense rivalry many years prior to its chartering, between the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America and the UAW over who had the rights to service the local.
Dates: 1937 - 1964; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1961
- Labor disputes 4
- Labor unions -- Organizing 4
- Collective bargaining 2
- Contract negotiations 2
- Labor unions--Factionalism 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Automobile industry and trade 1
- Automobile industry workers 1
- Grievance procedures 1
- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1 ∧ view less
- Bluestone, Irving 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- General Motors Corporation 1
- International Union, United Automobile Workers of America (CIO). Local 833 (Sheboygan Falls, Wis.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 239 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 932 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- National Labor Relations Bureau (U.S.) 1
- Reuther, Walter, 1907-1970 1
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 1
- United States.. Senate Select Committee on Improper Activities in Labor and Management 1
- Williams, M. A., labor leader 1
- Woodcock, Leonard 1
- Wright, Robert 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more
∨ view more