Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract Dan Forchione was an active member of the UAW from the 1940s until his retirement in 1988. He helped organize UAW Local 542 at the Ford Motor Company forge plant in Canton, Ohio, in the 1940s and served as the Local’s president and bargaining committee chairperson. In 1954 he was appointed an International representative and assigned to the UAW Ford Department staff. He transferred to the UAW Region 2 staff in 1957 and serviced local unions around Ohio. Forchione was elected director of UAW...
Dates: 1940 - 1989; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1989
Collection — Container: Small Processed Collections: Br - Col, Box 2, Folder: 16
Abstract John Cole worked for the Ford Motor Company for over fifty years. In 1942 he served as an International Representative from UAW Local 50, the Willow Run bomber plant. The papers of Mr. Cole consist of a typescript copy of the union agreement of November 1942 between the Ford Motor Company and the International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW-CIO).
Abstract The UAW Chrysler Department was formed in the year following the tumultuous sit-down strikes of 1937. Responsible of the department included planning, developing, negotiating, and administering collective bargaining agreements for Chrysler workers in the United States and Canada. The records of the department reflect its administration and activities and largely include the files of Arthur Hughes, an administrative assistant and assistant director in the department from 1940-1978.
Dates: 1938 - 1985
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 135 represented workers at the American Seating Company in Grand Rapids, MI. Its records document contract negotiations between the local and the company.
Dates: 1949 - 1950
Abstract Local 240 is an amalgamated UAW-CIO local representing salaried and office employees in Windsor, Ontario. This local was certified on March 17, 1944, as the collective bargaining agent for certain salaried and office employees employed by Ford Motor Company of Canada in its Windsor offices. The first collective bargaining agreement with Ford was signed in 1946.
Dates: 1938 - 1955
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 280 has served employees of the Continental Motors Corporation, Continental Aviation and Engineering Corporation and the Kaiser Corporation Detroit Engine Plant in Detroit, MI. The records of this local particularly document the problems which arise with the closing of a plant, such as the Detroit Engine Plant in 1954.
Dates: 1946 - 1961
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 650 grew out of Local 182 in Lansing, MI representing Reo Motors employees. The local survived a company bankruptcy and reorganization in the late 1930s and early 1940s and numerous company-union conflicts in the post WWII period. The records of the local reflect its operations and activities upon behalf of its members.
Dates: 1937 - 1964
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 833 has had divisive history between workers at the Kohler Co. in Kohler, WI and their employers. First organized in 1933 by the American Federation of Labor, workers were soon embroiled in a jurisdictional dispute with a company-formed union, the Kohler Workers' Association (KWA). Following a strike, the KWA won the bid from the NLRB to represent workers, but leadership soon became dissatisfied and voted in 1952 to join the UAW.
Dates: 1897 - 1965; Majority of material found within 1933 - 1960
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 932 was chartered in 1961, providing service to the Minneapolis-Moline Division of Motec Industries, Inc. in Minneapolis, MN. The local was embroiled in an intense rivalry many years prior to its chartering, between the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America and the UAW over who had the rights to service the local.
Dates: 1937 - 1964; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1961
- Labor unions 7
- Collective bargaining 6
- Labor disputes 3
- Strikes and lockouts 3
- Arbitration, Industrial 2
- Automobile industry and trade 2
- Grievance procedures 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Labor unions--Jurisdictional disputes 2
- African Americans 1
- Automobile industry workers 1
- Employee Fringe Benefits 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Labor 1
- Pensions 1
- Plant shutdowns 1
- Quality of work life 1
- Skilled labor 1 ∧ view less
- Ford Motor Company 3
- Cole, John 1
- Dodge Revolutionary Union Movement 1
- Forchione, Dan 1
- International Union, United Automobile Workers of America (CIO). Local 833 (Sheboygan Falls, Wis.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Chrysler Department 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 240 (Windsor, ON, Canada) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 425 (Lorain, Ohio) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 542 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 932 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Region 2 1
- Reuther, Walter, 1907-1970 1
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 1
- United States.. Senate Select Committee on Improper Activities in Labor and Management 1
- Woodcock, Leonard 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more
∨ view more