Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Birmingham Temple was founded by Rabbi Sherwin T. Wine and chartered in 1963. The temple's records reflect its activities and contain items relating to the Jewish community in metropolitan Detroit.
Dates: 1960 - 2013
Abstract The Jewish Centers Association was formally organized in 1926, located on Melbourne near Woodward Avenue in Detroit. Its purpose was to provide recreational, cultural, and informal educational activities for the Detroit Jewish community. These records include JCC programming and events at its many locations, from the Fenkell Branch to the West Bloomfield campus, from 1935 to 2005. The materials include meeting minutes from various governing groups and papers from the Jewish Book...
Dates: 1935 - 2005; Majority of material found within 1970 - 2005
Abstract Jewish Community Archives: Small Collections is comprised of records, papers, photos, scrapbooks and artifacts, ranging in size from one item to a couple of boxes, of various individuals, families and organizations within the Jewish community of the Detroit area from the 19th century to the 1990. Individuals include Sarah Friedman, Meyer Prentis, Emma Lazaroff Schaver and Judge Charles C. Simons. Families include the Butzels and the Flayers. Organizations include the Alpha Omega dental...
Dates: 1867 - 2003