Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Benyas Photographic Negative Collection was donated to the JFMD Jewish Community Archives by photographer Bob Benyas in 1991. Benyas's photographs, here in negative form, document the activities of the Detroit area Jewish community, primarily the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit and its many divisions and committees, including events such as annual meetings, campaign events, dignitary visits, and the Jewish Book Fair. Among the organizations included are the Jewish Community...
Overview The Livonia Jewish Congregation was organized in 1959, later changing its name to Congregation Beit Kodesh in 1990. Throughout its existence, the congregation held Shabbat services, maintained a religious school, and was active in numerous community and social service projects. The congregation disbanded in 2011. The Livonia Jewish Congregation/Congregation Beit Kodesh Records include administrative records, bar and bat mitzvah records, Chai dinner booklets, legal documents, minutes, and...
Abstract The microfilm collection is comprised of The Jewish American (1901-1911), official organ of Temple Beth El in Detroit, and The Jewish Chronicle (1916-1951), forerunner of The Jewish News and The Detroit Jewish News.
Abstract The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit (Federation or JFMD) is an umbrella organization for many Jewish social service agencies in the Detroit metropolitan area that promotes philanthropy and volunteerism in the Detroit Jewish community. The papers of the Federation document the activities of the organization, its history, and the activities of its member organizations and of organizations with which it has affiliated, including the Council of Jewish Welfare Federations,...