Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1

JCA: National Council of Jewish Women, Greater Detroit Section Records

 Collection
Identifier: UR001647
Abstract In 1925, the Jewish Woman's Club of Detroit affiliated with the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW, established in 1893) and became the National Council of Jewish Women, Detroit Section (now Greater Detroit Section). The group’s philanthropic mission remained to “promote kindness and helpfulness in general and to elevate the mental, moral and social status of young Jewish women in particular.” Over many decades NCJW-GDS has implemented many programs for child and family welfare. The...
Dates: 1891 - 2004

Filtered By

  • Subject: Human rights X
  • Subject: Volunteer workers in social service X