Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Mike Westfall was a member of the United Auto Workers Local 598 in Flint, MI. His papers reflect his leadership in the Flint-based grassroots movement to bring attention to the effects of corporate restructuring and job loss in the automotive industry.
Dates: 1981 - 1987
Abstract Paul Parker worked for the Flint, MI Chevrolet Division of General Motors for forty-one years. During that time he served the United Auto Workers in several capacities and was active in local and state Democratic politics. His papers primarily reflect his activities in the Michigan House of Representatives.
Dates: 1939 - 1970; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1960
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 599 represented workers in the Buick plant in Flint, MI and is noted for its involvement in the anti-Martin struggles during the early years of its existence. The records of the local reflect routine operations.
Dates: 1936 - 1966
- Labor unions 2
- Collective bargaining 1
- Michigan -- Politics and government 1
- General Motors Corporation 2
- Democratic Party (Mich.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 599 (Flint, MI) 1
- Parker, Paul J. 1
- Reuther, Walter, 1907-1970 1
- Westfall, Mike 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more