Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Karen Kendrick-Hands was a Detroit-area environmental lawyer and activist. Since the 1980s, Kendrick-Hands participated in a variety of causes within Michigan, notably regarding issues of greenhouse gas emissions. Specific actions included the Polluters Pay Act, opposing the split of Michigan's Department of Natural Resources and Department of Environmental Quality, SEMCOG's Ozone Action! campaign, and opposition to garbage incinerators in Michigan. Over the years she has supported...
Abstract SEMCOG grew out of primarily the Detroit Metropolitan Area Regional Planning Commission (DRPC) and the Supervisors Inter-County Committee (SICC) in an effort to consolidate regional planning agencies and avoid duplication of programs and services. SEMCOG has continued its predecessors' work of assisting local planning programs, collecting area planning data, and providing an infrastructure for procurement of federal aid. Records in Part I document SEMCOG's predecessor, the DRPC, and...
Abstract Thomas Stephens was a founder of the Evergreen Alliance, the Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition and chaired the National Lawyer's Guild's Toxics Committee in his fight for environmental justice in the Detroit area. His papers reflect his interest and legal work in this arena and related issues, particularly lawsuits involving incinerators in Detroit and Flint, MI.
Abstract The Urban Environment Conference (UEC) grew out of an effort in 1971 by Michigan Senator Philip Hart to provide a forum for the discussion of problems and issues of joint concern to urban reform groups, environmentalists, and organized labor. Within a year, most of the participants decided to organize the group as a non-profit corporation with both advocacy and clearinghouse functions, including lobbying, education and publicity, fundraising, leadership training, technical assistance on program...
- Subject: Environmental policy X
- Blanchard, James J., 1942- 1
- Cavanagh, Jerome P. 1
- Evergreen Alliance 1
- Kendrick-Hands, Karen 1
- Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition 1
- Michigan. Air Pollution Control Commission 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Detroit Branch 1
- North American Free Trade Agreement (1992 December 17) 1
- Ravitz, Melvin 1
- Southeast Michigan Council of Governments 1
- Stephens, Thomas W. 1
- United States. Occupational Safety and Health Administration 1
- Urban Environment Conference 1
- Young, Coleman A. 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more