Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract The St. Louis (Missouri) Teachers Union was organized in 1935 by Paul W. Preisler, as the Teachers Union of St. Louis and St. Louis County. Its jurisdiction extended over these separate political entities in order to include members from Washington University. In 1944 the name of the local was changed to Teacher’s Federation of St. Louis and St. Louis County. Its 1948 merger with Local 680, St. Louis Vocational Teachers’ Union, extended Local 420’s jurisdiction to include “all eligible teachers...
Dates: 1951 - 2009; Majority of material found within 1962 - 2007
Found in: Walter P. Reuther Library