Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Karen Kendrick-Hands was a Detroit-area environmental lawyer and activist. Since the 1980s, Kendrick-Hands participated in a variety of causes within Michigan, notably regarding issues of greenhouse gas emissions. Specific actions included the Polluters Pay Act, opposing the split of Michigan's Department of Natural Resources and Department of Environmental Quality, SEMCOG's Ozone Action! campaign, and opposition to garbage incinerators in Michigan. Over the years she has supported...
Abstract The North Cass Community Union Records reflects the organization’s involvement, officially beginning in 1978, in community advocacy, development, and service to the North Cass neighborhood. Important subjects include: the Detroit Incinerator, Dally in the Alley, the Dodge Carriage House Restoration, tenant advocacy, University City, and the Cass Corridor Food Co-op.
Abstract Thomas Stephens was a founder of the Evergreen Alliance, the Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition and chaired the National Lawyer's Guild's Toxics Committee in his fight for environmental justice in the Detroit area. His papers reflect his interest and legal work in this arena and related issues, particularly lawsuits involving incinerators in Detroit and Flint, MI.
Abstract This collection consists of 16 oral history interviews. These can be broken into four categories: Southwest Detroit, Michigan Environmental Justice, Economic Development in Detroit, and Policing Detroit. There are transcripts and audio recordings for all 16 interviews.
- Subject: Detroit trash incinerator X
- Stephens, Thomas W. 2
- Detroit (Mich.). Police Department 1
- Evergreen Alliance 1
- Kendrick-Hands, Karen 1
- Merrill-Palmer Institute 1
- Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition 1
- Michigan. Air Pollution Control Commission 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Detroit Branch 1
- New Detroit, Inc. (Detroit, Mich.) 1
- North American Free Trade Agreement (1992 December 17) 1
- North Cass Community Union 1
- Wayne State University 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more