Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Elise Hatt Campbell Papers

 Collection
Identifier: UP001410
Abstract Elise Hatt Campbell was a staff member of the Merrill-Palmer Institute. During her tenure she conducted studies and wrote articles concerning childhood development and education, as well as taught courses at Wayne University. Campbell was also a consultant in the Detroit Council for Youth Service and Chairman of the Committee of the Detroit Council of Social Agencies. The papers of Elise Hatt Campbell reflect her work within the Merrill-Palmer Institute and as an instructor at Wayne University....
Dates: 1919 - 1943; Majority of material found within 1923 - 1939

Wade H. McCree, Jr. Papers

 Collection
Identifier: UP000822
Abstract Wade Hampton McCree, Jr. began his career as a lawyer in the Detroit law firm of Harold E. Bledsoe and Hobart Taylor. He later served on the state’s Workmen’s Compensation Commission and as a judge in the county and U.S. court system. During his tenure on the bench, McCree took part in a number of school desegregation cases iand as the government’s lawyer, he argued a number of significant cases before the Supreme Court. He resigned in 1977 to accept appointment as U.S. Solicitor General in the...
Dates: 1937 - 2000; Majority of material found within 1954 - 1987

Wayne State University Photograph Collection

 Collection
Identifier: WSAV002643
Abstract The University Relations Division dates back to the early days of the university and reflects the activities of WSU's public relations offices. Undergoing several name changes (Community Relations), reporting structures, and unit services, it maintained a focus on communication and interpretation of the university's work both internal and external to the university. By 1961, photography had become a major facet of public awareness programs. Sixteen years later as part of the Media Services and...
Dates: circa 1945-2003

Wayne State University: The South End Newspapers Photographs

 Collection
Identifier: WSAV002779
Abstract "The Collegian," the student-run newspaper of Detroit Junior College at Central High, published its first edition on March 6, 1918. At first a semi-monthly paper that printed mostly literary works, by 1922 the paper had become a weekly publication and its focus shifted to news. The paper changed its name in 1924 to "The Detroit Collegian," which reflected the school’s name change to the College of the City of Detroit. The paper underwent three further name changes: in 1953, the name changed to...
Dates: 1950 - 1990