Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The UAW Chrysler Department was formed in the year following the tumultuous sit-down strikes of 1937. Responsible of the department included planning, developing, negotiating, and administering collective bargaining agreements for Chrysler workers in the United States and Canada. The records of the department reflect its administration and activities and largely include the files of Arthur Hughes, an administrative assistant and assistant director in the department from 1940-1978.
Dates: 1938 - 1985
Abstract United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (AFL-CIO) Local 53 represented the workers at Automatic Division of Yale and Towne Industries. The records reflect the local's militant stance towards company-worker relations, demonstrating an evolution of grievance procedures and contract negotiations.
Dates: 1957 - 1968; Majority of material found within 1958 - 1964
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 142 serviced workers at the Kaiser-Frazer Corporation Plant in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
Dates: 1945 - 1954
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 650 grew out of Local 182 in Lansing, MI representing Reo Motors employees. The local survived a company bankruptcy and reorganization in the late 1930s and early 1940s and numerous company-union conflicts in the post WWII period. The records of the local reflect its operations and activities upon behalf of its members.
Dates: 1937 - 1964
Abstract United Farm Workers grew out of several farm workers organizations of the 1960s and was led by Cesar Chavez for over thirty years. The Administration Department records reflect the wide range of people and groups with whom the UFW corresponded. The work of the union itself is well represented, including U.S., Canada, and Europe boycott files, El Malcriado files, and negotiations with southern California grape growers. Part 3 of the records represent the second decade of the union’s progress...
Dates: 1955 - 1984; Majority of material found within 1968 - 1978
- Collective bargaining 4
- Labor unions 4
- Strikes and lockouts 3
- Automobile industry and trade 2
- African Americans 1
- Agricultural laborers 1
- Agriculture 1
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Automobile industry workers 1
- Boycotts 1
- Child labor 1
- Emigration and Immigration 1
- Hispanic Americans 1
- Housing 1
- Migrant workers 1
- Pesticides 1
- Plant shutdowns 1 ∧ view less
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 2
- Dodge Revolutionary Union Movement 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Chrysler Department 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 142 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 53 1
∨ view more