Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Labor Notes (officially titled the Labor Education and Research Project) is a media and organizing project for union rank and file activists based out of Detroit, Michigan. Best known for their self-titled monthly magazine, Labor Notes also publishes books, hosts a bi-annual conference, and runs organizing workshops and seminars for Union locals throughout North America. Since 1979 they have served an important networking and organizing role in the labor community, working to strengthen the...
Dates: 1965 - 2007; Majority of material found within 1985 - 1999
Abstract Local 240 is an amalgamated UAW-CIO local representing salaried and office employees in Windsor, Ontario. This local was certified on March 17, 1944, as the collective bargaining agent for certain salaried and office employees employed by Ford Motor Company of Canada in its Windsor offices. The first collective bargaining agreement with Ford was signed in 1946.
Dates: 1938 - 1955
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 833 has had divisive history between workers at the Kohler Co. in Kohler, WI and their employers. First organized in 1933 by the American Federation of Labor, workers were soon embroiled in a jurisdictional dispute with a company-formed union, the Kohler Workers' Association (KWA). Following a strike, the KWA won the bid from the NLRB to represent workers, but leadership soon became dissatisfied and voted in 1952 to join the UAW.
Dates: 1897 - 1965; Majority of material found within 1933 - 1960
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 932 was chartered in 1961, providing service to the Minneapolis-Moline Division of Motec Industries, Inc. in Minneapolis, MN. The local was embroiled in an intense rivalry many years prior to its chartering, between the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America and the UAW over who had the rights to service the local.
Dates: 1937 - 1964; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1961
- Labor unions -- Organizing 3
- Collective bargaining 2
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 3
- Ford Motor Company 1
- International Union, United Automobile Workers of America (CIO). Local 833 (Sheboygan Falls, Wis.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 240 (Windsor, ON, Canada) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 932 1
∨ view more