Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract Ernest Moran was a negotiator for the United Auto Workers (UAW) and Administrative Assistant to UAW President Leonard Woodcock. Mr. Moran’s papers reflect his work for the UAW, particularly as a chief negotiator with auto and aerospace corporations.
Dates: 1942 - 1973
Abstract Kathy Groehn was born in 1946 and grew up in Grosse Pointe, Michigan. She graduated from Grosse Pointe High School in 1963, then from the University of Michigan (B.A. 1967) and Southern Oregon College (M.A.). During the 1960s she was a reporter for the Grosse Pointe News and used her experiences as a basis for research on her book, Grosse Pointe, Michigan: Race Against Race, by Kathy Cosseboom (Michigan State University Press, 1972). The book deals with racial and social attitudes in the...
Dates: 1960 - 1979
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 157 was an amalgamated tool and die local on the west side of Detroit, serving numerous shops. The records of the local document it operations and relationships with various companies whose employees they represented.
Dates: 1936 - 1966
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 239 serviced General Motors plant employees in Baltimore, MD. The records of the local reflect its activities as representative of Fisher Body Plant workers, before they merged with Local 678, Chevrolet assembly operations.
Dates: 1948 - 1969
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 599 represented workers in the Buick plant in Flint, MI and is noted for its involvement in the anti-Martin struggles during the early years of its existence. The records of the local reflect routine operations.
Dates: 1936 - 1966
Abstract United Auto Worker Local 602 services Fisher Body Division of General Motors in Lansing, MI. The local's records document routine operations as well as its contribution to the development of the UAW and the advancement of labor in the community.
Dates: 1937 - 1960; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1959
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 662 was organized to service the General Motors plant, Delco-Remy Division in Anderson, IN, absorbing the former UAW Local 146. Records reflect activities, including a women's auxilliary, that occurred mainly following the local's 1939 charter.
Dates: 1934 - 1969
Abstract Established in 1939 when the International Executive Board revoked the charter of pro-Martin Local 118, United Auto Workers Local 664 serviced members at Fisher Body, Chevrolet, and Prophet Company in North Tarrytown, NY. The records reflect the Martin controversy, strikes, conferences, and other activities of the local.
Dates: 1939 - 1961
- Labor unions 6
- Automobile industry and trade 3
- Collective bargaining 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Civil rights 1
- Contract negotiations 1
- Flint (Mich.) 1
- Grievance procedures 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor unions--Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Michigan 1
- Race relations 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ view less
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 7
- Woodcock, Leonard 4
- Bluestone, Irving 2
- El-Messidi, Kathy Groehn, Dr. 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 239 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 599 (Flint, MI) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 602 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 662 (Anderson, Ind.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 664 (North Tarrytown, NY) 1
- McDermott, Dennis 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Moran, Ernest J. 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous) (1913-1994) 1
- Seaton, Louis 1
- Starling, Thomas J. 1
- Weinberg, Nat, 1914?- 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more
∨ view more