Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract David Klein served as Executive Director for the United Auto Workers (UAW) Public Review Board, as President of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Detroit Chapter and as an officer in the National Lawyers Guild. Mr. Klein’s papers reflect his work with labor issues and the civil rights movement, documenting his work with the ACLU, the National Lawyers Guild and as a labor arbitrator.
Dates: 1960 - 1970; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1965
Abstract Francis Heisler practiced law, representing numerous labor unions, conscientious objectors and draft resisters, and handled many civil rights and civil liberties cases in both Chicago, IL and California. His papers reflect his legal career with primary emphasis on labor-related cases.
Dates: 1936 - 1976
Abstract An employee of the Federal Security Agency, Philip Booth was active in the founding of the United Federal Workers Association Local 10. Mr. Booth’s papers reflect his interest in promoting civil liberties, including his participation in the 1932 Hunger March in Washington D.C., and in monitoring the activities of right-wing organizations, as well as documenting his role in the United Federal Workers Association.
Dates: 1922 - 1945
Abstract The Vertical Files Collection is comprised of newspaper clippings, articles, pamphlets, public relations materials, and other ephemera related to the Reuther Library’s urban affairs and labor collections.
Dates: 1920 - 2011; Majority of material found within 1960 - 2000
- Civil rights 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- Conscientious objection 1
- Labor unions 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- AFSCME 1
- Air Line Pilots Association 1
- American Federation of Teachers 1
- Booth, Philip 1
- Heisler, Francis, 1895- 1
- Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit 1
- Klein, David Y. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Detroit Branch 1
- National Association of Letter Carriers (U.S.) 1
- Service Employees International Union 1
- Society of Women Engineers 1
- Workers Defense League 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more