Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Abstract Originally activated in World War I, Base Hospital No. 36 was sponsored by the Detroit College of Medicine. It was reactivated during the winter of 1942, and assigned to Algeria and then Caserta, Italy in 1943. Organizational records, biographical information regarding the officers, a history of the hospital during WWI, as well as an outline for the history of the WWII period are included. A comprehensive history of the unit compiled by Chalmers Wickwirs is included.
Abstract These papers date from 1875-1929. They are the papers of the schools which preceded the Wayne State University School of Medicine: The Detroit College of Medicine, and the Detroit College of Medicine and Surgery. The growing need for medical education as well as details of faculty students and alumni are provided by this collection.
Abstract Dr. Campbell graduated from the Detroit College of Medicine in 1885. He practiced in Detroit, and was Professor of Diseases of the Eye and Ear at the Detroit College of Medicine. He also served as Head of the Department of Opthamology from 1902 until the late 1920’s.
Abstract This collection contains the records of the FRIENDS of Wayne State University School of Medicine from 1975 to 2004. Most of the records are organizational materials relating to the running and planning of the group and events and projects. There are some audio-visual materials in the collection as well.
Abstract Harold Mack, M.D. was a professor of gynecology and obstetrics at Wayne State University School of Medicine, joining the faculty in 1931 and eventually becoming Chair. He retired Professor Emeritus in 1970. His papers primarily reflect his writings and achievements, as well as his involvement in the Detroit medical community.
Abstract Dr. Harry J. Butler graduated from the Detroit College of Medicine in 1910 and passed the Michigan Board Exam the same year.
Abstract Rudolf J. Noer was an instructor at Wayne University, who was promoted to Assistant Professor in 1940. During the second World War, Dr. Noer served as a doctor at the 36th General Hospital, a field hospital under the sponsorship of Wayne University, School of Medicine. The first 36th General Hospital was created during WWI under the title of Base Hospital 36 and was located in Vittel, France. During WWII, Dean Edgar H. Norris of Wayne University sought approval to recreate the success of Base...
Abstract This collection includes directories of the Alumni Association of Wayne University (1941-1956) and Wayne State University (1957-2007). Only the 1941, 1945, 1986, 2002 and 2007 directories list members of the Alumni Association; all other directories list board members, officers, employees, and organizers of the Alumni Association, the Wayne Alumni Fund, the Alumni Advisory Council, the Trust Finance Board, Women of Wayne Alumni Association, and the school and college alumni associations. Also...
Abstract The Wayne State University Audiology Records show the professional training program in speech pathology, audiology in the WSU School of Medicine from 1975 to 1990. The materials show the program's accreditation in the given years as well as its program development.
Abstract The Wayne State University School of Medicine Business Office Records consist of reports, memoranda, nominations for appointments, curricula vitae and resumes, studies, personnel lists, and faculty lists.
Abstract The newsletter News Notes was published by the Wayne State University School of Medicine Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, beginning in 1962. The newsletter provided information about the research activities of the department's faculty members and students; it was compiled by Walter H. Seegers, chairman of the department. After a departmental reorganization in 1971, the Department of Physiology continued to produce News Notes until shortly after Seegers's 1980 retirement.
Abstract Dr. Alexander J. Walt served as chief of surgery at Detroit Receiving Hospital and Harper Hospital from 1965 to 1988. Dr. Walt served as the Penberthy Professor and was chairman of the Department of Surgery at Wayne State University School of Medicine from 1966-1988, and served as associate dean from 1965-1970. Dr. Alexander J. Walt was named Distinguished Professor of Surgery at Wayne State University in 1990. Dr. Walt died in 1996.
Abstract This collection contains files created by the Wayne State University School of Information. The records consist primarily of biographical files of Medicine faculty and photographs; also included is a collection of audiovisual material. Biographical files contain resumes, reports, newspaper and magazine clippings, grant proposals, correspondence, publications, and research applications. Photographic materials include photographs, negatives, slides, and electronic media. Audiovisual formats...
Abstract The Occupational Therapy Curriculum was started at Wayne University in September 1944. Dr. John Lee of the Department of Special Education, the initial adviser in this program, submitted a curriculum which was given temporary approval by the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association. In February 1945, Barbara Jewett, O.T.R., joined the faculty as an assistant professor. This was a cooperative arrangement with the Detroit Orthopedic Clinic where she served as a consultant...
Abstract The Wayne State University School of Medicine had four important forerunners: Detroit MedicalCollege (1868-1885), Michigan College of Medicine (1879-1885), Detroit College of Medicine (1885-1913), and Detroit College of Medicine and Surgery (1913-1933). The collection consists of photograph prints and negatives of Wayne State University School of Medicine staff, students, and buildings. Photographs of staff and students are posed yearbook and identification photographs. Building photographs...
Abstract These records are a part of the Wayne State University School of Medicine collection. They consist of physician profiles of doctors who were directly associated with the Medical College or who practiced in the Greater Detroit Area. Their profiles consist of obituaries, newspaper articles, correspondence, photographs and other records collected to give insight into their lives and practices. The second part of the collection features an assortment of records from the Association of American...
Abstract Illustrated first-year student directories produced by the Wayne State University School of Medicine. Each directory lists the administrative faculty and department chairs in addition to photographs and short biographies of each year's starting class of students.
Abstract This collection includes student handbooks for Detroit Junior College (1921); Detroit Teachers College (1923, 1927); College of the City of Detroit (1923-1928); Detroit City College (1930); Detroit Municipal Colleges (1931-1933); Wayne University (1934-1947) and Wayne State University (1968-2000, non-inclusive); Wayne University College of Medicine (1937-1952, non-inclusive); Wayne State University College of Medicine (1961); Wayne State University School of Medicine (1971-1997, non-inclusive);...
Abstract The administrations of Dr. Theodore McGraw, Burt R. Shurly, Dr. Walter McCracken, Dr. William J. Stapleton, Dr. Raymond B. Allen, Dr. Edgar H. Norris, and Dr. Hardy Kemp are contained in this collection. All administrative details of the college, its students and faculty for this time period are captured. The medical school’s role in both world wars is contained in Series Five.
- Names: Wayne State University. School of Medicine X