Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Dr. Theodore D. Rice (1904-1989) was a Professor of Education at Wayne State University (WSU) for fifteen years, from 1957 to 1972. He specialized in secondary education.
Dates: 1923 - 1982
Abstract These records of the WSU English Department represent material accrued in three accession dates: 1978, 1979, and 1988. The arrangement of folders reflects these different accessions, so that similar subjects may appear in multiple places in the collection. The records include deliberations of major committees on policy, personnel and curriculum, as well as student requirements and activities on the undergraduate and graduate level. With these records, researchers could track changes in...
Dates: 1924 - 1987; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1970
Abstract The University Relations Division dates back to the early days of the university and reflects the activities of WSU's public relations offices. Undergoing several name changes (Community Relations), reporting structures, and unit services, it maintained a focus on communication and interpretation of the university's work both internal and external to the university. By 1961, photography had become a major facet of public awareness programs. Sixteen years later as part of the Media Services and...
Dates: circa 1945-2003
Abstract The Wayne State University School of Medicine had four important forerunners: Detroit MedicalCollege (1868-1885), Michigan College of Medicine (1879-1885), Detroit College of Medicine (1885-1913), and Detroit College of Medicine and Surgery (1913-1933). The collection consists of photograph prints and negatives of Wayne State University School of Medicine staff, students, and buildings. Photographs of staff and students are posed yearbook and identification photographs. Building photographs...
Dates: 1887 - 2003; Majority of material found within 1960 - 2003
Abstract "The Collegian," the student-run newspaper of Detroit Junior College at Central High, published its first edition on March 6, 1918. At first a semi-monthly paper that printed mostly literary works, by 1922 the paper had become a weekly publication and its focus shifted to news. The paper changed its name in 1924 to "The Detroit Collegian," which reflected the school’s name change to the College of the City of Detroit. The paper underwent three further name changes: in 1953, the name changed to...
Dates: 1950 - 1990
- Buildings--Detroit (Mich.) 3
- Education, Higher 3
- Photographs 3
- College sports United States 2
- College students 2
- Detroit (Mich.) 2
- Education 1
- Newspapers 1
- Teachers Training of 1
- Universities and colleges --Administration 1
- Urban universities and colleges--Michigan 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ view less
- Detroit College of Medicine 1
- Rice, Theodore D. 1
- Wayne State University. School of Medicine 1
∨ view more