Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract These records contain files of fraternities and sororities that were active at Wayne State University between 1932 to 2000. The bulk of the records are from the 1950s and 1960s. Some organizations were active when the university were known as the College of the City of Detroit, Wayne University and currently Wayne State University. Documents include petitions for chapters, chapter installation materials, initiation programs, information booklets, handbooks, constitutions, membership rolls,...
Dates: 1932 - 2000; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1960
Abstract The Wayne State University Graduate Council is the governing body of the University’s Graduate School. It formulates policies concerning graduate education, sets admission standards for graduate programs. In addition it manages graduate faculty appointments, evaluates applications to all graduate programs, and awards all Ph.D. degrees, select master’s degrees, and interdisciplinary graduate certificates at Wayne State University. The Wayne State University Graduate Council is composed of...
Dates: 1930 - 1989
Abstract This collection documents Wayne State University’s first office to serve its lesbian, gay, and bisexual campus population, known as Lesbian Gay Bisexual Services. The office was started in 1994 and eventually was subsumed into other campus service departments by 1998. During its tenure, the office furnished a wide array of services including personal counseling, educational programming and outreach to the LGBTQ campus community and the Greater Detroit area.
Dates: 1994 - 1998
Abstract In October 1961, the University Office of Counseling for the Handicapped was established in the Division of Student Personnel, under the direction of Dr. William Knapp. Prior to the creation of this office, the work had been done by Miss Eleanor Bodewig, an academic advisor in the College of Liberal Arts. The purpose of this office was to guide Wayne State in the development and implementation of barrier free and handicap accessible accommodations, adaptive technologies, as well as...
Dates: 1956 - 1985
Abstract The University Relations Division dates back to the early days of the university and reflects the activities of WSU's public relations offices. Undergoing several name changes (Community Relations), reporting structures, and unit services, it maintained a focus on communication and interpretation of the university's work both internal and external to the university. By 1961, photography had become a major facet of public awareness programs. Sixteen years later as part of the Media Services and...
Dates: circa 1945-2003
Abstract "The Collegian," the student-run newspaper of Detroit Junior College at Central High, published its first edition on March 6, 1918. At first a semi-monthly paper that printed mostly literary works, by 1922 the paper had become a weekly publication and its focus shifted to news. The paper changed its name in 1924 to "The Detroit Collegian," which reflected the school’s name change to the College of the City of Detroit. The paper underwent three further name changes: in 1953, the name changed to...
Dates: 1950 - 1990
- College students 5
- College sports United States 3
- Education, Higher 3
- Buildings--Detroit (Mich.) 2
- Detroit (Mich.) 2
- Photographs 2
- Universities and colleges --Faculty 2
- Barrier-free design for students with disabilities 1
- Civil rights movements 1
- College students with disabilities 1
- Gay community 1
- Gay rights 1
- Lesbian community 1
- Newspapers 1
- Paralympic Games 1
- Universities and colleges --Administration 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more