Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The papers of Boaz Siegel, a faculty member of the Wayne University Law School for over 30 years, consist primarily of meeting minutes and agendas for the Council of Deans, the University Council, and the Faculty Affairs Committee of the University Council. Also included are correspondence and miscellaneous materials pertaining to these organizations. Boaz Siegel served as Acting Secretary of the Faculty Affairs Committee of the University Council beginning in 1949, succeeding the former...
Dates: 1947 - 1950
Abstract In 1971, The Center of the Administration of Justice was created as a part of Wayne State University’s Law School with a grant from the Kellogg Foundation. The Center was focused on the assistance of judges in Michigan, and it advocated for the development of research and evaluation projects. Moreover, the Center hosted conferences and courses in order to bring key leaders together. The director of the Center of the Administration of Justice was B. J. George. This collection contains course...
Dates: 1971 - 1977
Abstract Charles Joiner was appointed Dean Designate of the Wayne State University Law School beginning on December 1, 1967, dividing his time between this position at WSU and his position as Associate Dean at the University of Michigan Law School. He assumed his duties full-time as the Dean of the WSU Law School on June 1, 1968, formally relieving the former Dean, Arthur Neef, of his duties. This collection includes general correspondence and student and alumni lists from the WSU Law School during the...
Dates: 1962 - 1968; Majority of material found in 1966 - 1966
Abstract This collection holds journals produced by the Law School of Wayne University and Wayne State University. The Gavel, first published by the Student Bar Association of Wayne University in 1952, became The Wayne Law Journal in 1953 when taken over by the Wayne University Law School. When Wayne University became Wayne State University in 1956, the journal's name was changed to The Wayne State Law Journal; in 1962, it became The Wayne Advocate. This journal ended regular publication with Volume XI...
Dates: 1952 - 2009
Abstract Student directories of the Wayne State University Law School. Collection is complete for the years 1959-1976; also included are directories for the years 1956, 1988, 1991, and 1992.
Dates: 1956 - 1992