Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1

Central High School Records

 Collection
Identifier: WSR001832
Abstract Central High School was originally located at the intersection of Warren Avenue and Cass Avenue in Detroit. It was the successor to Capitol High School, the first high school in Detroit, founded in 1858; Capitol changed its name to Central in 1896. CHS began to offer college courses in 1913, and this program evolved into the Detroit Junior College, which became the City College of Detroit, Wayne University, and finally Wayne State University. In 1925, CHS relocated to 2425 Tuxedo Street in...
Dates: 1860 - 2004; Majority of material found within 1891 - 2004

Filtered By

  • Names: Wayne State University X
  • Names: Central High School (Detroit, Mich.) X