Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract In 1949, 17,000 women volunteers helped the United Foundation achieve success with its Torch Drive campaign. In 1954, it was decided that an auxiliary women’s group would be formed to work year-round in support of United Foundation projects. It was called the United Foundation Women’s Organization (UFWO). By 1964, the name was changed to Women for the United Foundation (WUF). The organization works under a set of by-laws and consists of an Executive Board, Board of Directors, Advisory Board,...
Dates: 1950 - 1987; Majority of material found within 1966 - 1982
Found in: Walter P. Reuther Library