Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract Built in 1919, Orchestra Hall was the home for the Detroit Symphony Orchestra (DSO) until the financial pressures of the Depression forced the DSO to move to the Masonic Temple Theater. Renamed the Paradise Theater, the Hall remained a performance venue in Detroit until 1951 when the building was virtually abandoned. In 1970, Orchestra Hall was scheduled to be demolished when a group of local citizens, led by DSO bassoonist Paul Ganson, intervened. These concerned citizens formed Save Orchestra...
Found in: Walter P. Reuther Library
- Names: Save Orchestra Hall (Detroit, Mich.) X