Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Item — Box: Individual Oral Histories Box 1: A-E, Folder: 9
Abstract Professor of history John Barnard interviewed union official Lawrence "Larry" Carlstrom in 1997. Collection consists of the interview transcript. Carlstrom covers UAW organizing and collective bargaining in automobile and farm machinery plants in Wisconsin and Illinois, especially during the 1930s and 1940s.
Item — Box: Individual Oral Histories Box 2: G-M, Folder: 7
Abstract In 1994, professor of sociology Silke Roth interviewed UAW labor leader and women's and minority rights champion Olga Madar, who spearheaded the formation of the Coalition of Labor Union Women (CLUW). Collection consists of the interview transcript about the Coalition of Labor Union Women.
Abstract In 1972, newscaster Joe Weaver and women's studies scholar Wendy Robbins interviewed Olga Madar for a Detroit television (TV-2) special report on women’s rights. Collection consists of an audio recording. Madar talks about her work on behalf of women's rights over the course of her long career in the UAW, including efforts to secure pay equity, maternity benefits, daycare, and better working conditions for both women and men; her hopes for the Equal Rights Amendment; and her own experiences...
Abstract Region 1-D of the United Auto Workers consists of the western and northern counties of Michigan, including the Upper Peninsula. Major manufacturing areas included are Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Bay City, Muskegon and Kalamazoo.
Dates: 1940 - 1959
- Names: International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Region 1-D X
- Oral histories 3
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Transcripts 2
- Women in the labor movement 2
- Women labor leaders 2
- Automobile industry and trade 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- Day care 1
- Equal rights amendments 1
- Labor unions 1
- Pay equity 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Women's rights 1 ∧ view less
- Barnard, John 1
- Carlstrom, Lawrence 1
- Coalition of Labor Union Women (U.S.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 1
- Reuther, Walter, 1907-1970 1
∨ view more