Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2

UAW Public Relations Department Photographs and Sound and Video Recordings

 Collection
Identifier: LAV001193
Abstract Since the United Automobile Workers of America (UAW) was established as an affiliate of the American Federation of Labor (AFL) in August 1935, the union has maintained an office to deal with public relations. At that time, a "Committee on Publication" was formed, which became the "Publication Committee" in April 1936. The Committee subsequently became the "Publicity Department" in August 1936, when the UAW became an independent union affiliated with the Congress of Industrial Organizations...

William Kircher Papers

 Collection
Identifier: LP000606
Abstract Mr. Kircher went to work in a defense plant in Cincinnati in 1941 and helped organize UAW Local 647. Subsequently, he held a number of staff positions with the UAW until 1955, when he became assistant director of organization of the AFL-CIO. From 1956 to 1964, Mr. Kircher served as assistant director of Region IX of the AFL-CIO. After returning to his former position as assistant director of organization (1 964-65), Kircher was appointed to succeed John W. Livingston as director of organization...

Filtered By

  • Names: International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America X
  • Subject: Boycotts X

Filter Results