Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Journalist Archie Robinson served as the labor editor of the Detroit News, as a press officer for the National War Labor Board, as labor editor of the U.S. News and World Report, and authored George Meany and His Times, a history of the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) and its president. Mr. Robinson’s papers document his career in journalism and his coverage of major labor issues.
Dates: 1927 - 1980
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 239 serviced General Motors plant employees in Baltimore, MD. The records of the local reflect its activities as representative of Fisher Body Plant workers, before they merged with Local 678, Chevrolet assembly operations.
Dates: 1948 - 1969
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 678 originally serviced the Chevrolet plant and parts warehouse in Baltimore, MD. before merging in 1969 with Local 239, Fisher Body. The records relate to activities and operations prior to the merger.
Dates: 1940 - 1968
- Automobile industry and trade 2
- Grievance procedures 2
- Labor unions 2
- Flint Sit-Down Strike, 1936-1937 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1 ∧ view less
- General Motors Corporation 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- Bluestone, Irving 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 239 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 678 1
∨ view more