Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Journalist Archie Robinson served as the labor editor of the Detroit News, as a press officer for the National War Labor Board, as labor editor of the U.S. News and World Report, and authored George Meany and His Times, a history of the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) and its president. Mr. Robinson’s papers document his career in journalism and his coverage of major labor issues.
Dates: 1927 - 1980
Abstract A print and radio journalist, Harry Flannery was active in the labor movement and a member of the Radio Writers Guild Council, the American Newspaper Guild, and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. Mr. Flannery’s papers reflect his interests in foreign policy and labor issues.
Dates: 1968 - 1972
Abstract Irving Richter served as president of the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) Lodge 139 of the American Federation of Government Employees while employed by the FERA, which would later become the Works Progress Administration. Mr. Richter also served as an economist with the US Labor Department, and as the legislative representative and director of political action in the United Auto Workers-Congress of Industrial Organizations (UAW-CIO) Washington D.C. office. Mr. Richter was a...
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 239 serviced General Motors plant employees in Baltimore, MD. The records of the local reflect its activities as representative of Fisher Body Plant workers, before they merged with Local 678, Chevrolet assembly operations.
Dates: 1948 - 1969
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 678 originally serviced the Chevrolet plant and parts warehouse in Baltimore, MD. before merging in 1969 with Local 239, Fisher Body. The records relate to activities and operations prior to the merger.
Dates: 1940 - 1968
- Collective bargaining 3
- Labor unions 3
- Automobile industry and trade 2
- Grievance procedures 2
- Flint Sit-Down Strike, 1936-1937 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor movement 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Factionalism 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Politics, Practical 1 ∧ view less
- AFL-CIO 3
- General Motors Corporation 2
- American Newspaper Guild 1
- Bluestone, Irving 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) 1
- Flannery, Harry W., 1900-1975 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 239 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 678 1
- Reuther, Walter, 1907-1970 1
- Richter, Irving 1
- Robinson, Archie W. 1
- United Mine Workers of America 1
- United States. National War Labor Board (1942-1945) 1
- United Steelworkers 1
- Woodcock, Leonard 1 ∧ view less
∨ view more
∨ view more