Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract The UAW Community Action Program (CAP) Department was formed in 1969 when, after disaffiliation from the AFL-CIO, the union set up CAP Councils throughout the United States to replace the Citizenship-Legislative Department. The CAP Councils’ stated purpose was to work in community, civic, welfare, educational, environmental, cultural, citizenship-legislative, and consumer protection activities to improve the economic and social conditions of UAW members and families. From the 1940s through the...
Dates: 1948 - 1997; Majority of material found within 1948 - 1978
Found in: Walter P. Reuther Library