Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 199 was charted in 1936 in St. Catherines, Canada. It represented employees of McKinnon Industries, a subsidiary of General Motors. Records of the local reflect primarily the its financial, executive, and bargaining activities.
Dates: 1944 - 1964
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 239 serviced General Motors plant employees in Baltimore, MD. The records of the local reflect its activities as representative of Fisher Body Plant workers, before they merged with Local 678, Chevrolet assembly operations.
Dates: 1948 - 1969
Abstract United Auto Workers Local 678 originally serviced the Chevrolet plant and parts warehouse in Baltimore, MD. before merging in 1969 with Local 239, Fisher Body. The records relate to activities and operations prior to the merger.
Dates: 1940 - 1968
- Automobile industry and trade 2
- Collective bargaining 2
- Labor unions 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 2
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 2
- Woodcock, Leonard 2
- Bluestone, Irving 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 199 (St. Catherines, Canada) 1