Wayne University Mackenzie Union Financial Records
This collection includes invoices, receipts, vouchers, cancelled checks, financial correspondence, and other financial records of the Mackenzie Union, the men's student union of Wayne University, for the years 1933-1938.
- 1933 - 1938
- Wayne State University (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material entirely in English.
Collection is open for research.
Refer to the Walter P. Reuther Library
Rules for Use of Archival Materials.Restrictions: Researchers may encounter records of a sensitive nature – personnel files, case records and those involving investigations, legal and other private matters. Privacy laws and restrictions imposed by the Library prohibit the use of names and other personal information which might identify an individual, except with written permission from the Director and/or the donor.
5.5 Linear Feet (11 MB)
he Janet Mackenzie Memorial Fund, a non-profit corporation, was created in March 1929. In 1931 its name was changed to Mackenzie Union of the College of the City of Detroit; 1934 it became Mackenzie Union of Wayne University. Mackenzie Union was housed at 4847 Second Avenue in Detroit, which it leased in 1933 and purchased in 1934. In 1938 both the property and the Union were taken over by the Student Activities Budget Committee of Wayne University. Mackenzie Union relocated to 437 Putnam Street in 1940.
The collection is grouped by material type and arranged chronologically thereunder.
Donated to the University Archives on May 5, 1958.
Processed and finding aid written by Casey Westerman on May 3, 2013.
- Guide to the Wayne University Mackenzie Union Financial Records
- Processed by Casey Westerman.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description