Wayne State University School of Social Work Dean's Office Records
The School of Social Work, Dean’s Office Records contain correspondence, program materials, committee information, and student and faculty organizational records from the Dean’s Office in the School of Social Work at WSU from 1945 to 1971.
- 1945 - 1971
- Majority of material found within 1958 - 1969
- Wayne State University. School of Social Work (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material entirely in English.
Collection is open for research.
Refer to the Walter P. Reuther Library
Rules for Use of Archival Materials.Restrictions: Researchers may encounter records of a sensitive nature – personnel files, case records and those involving investigations, legal and other private matters. Privacy laws and restrictions imposed by the Library prohibit the use of names and other personal information which might identify an individual, except with written permission from the Director and/or the donor.
6 Linear Feet (6 SB)
The School of Social Work was first established at Wayne University in 1936. Charles B. Brink was appointed as dean in 1950, serving from 1951 to 1963. The period 1950-1963 in the School of Social Work was characterized by consolidation and slow but steady growth. In 1964, Sidney Dillick succeeded Brink as Dean of the School of Social Work. The Dillick years, 1964-1981, were a period of rapid growth in size, curriculum, and organization in the school, spurred by student enrollment and federal funds. Dillick resigned as dean in 1981 to serve as a professor in the School of Social Work, before retiring from Wayne State University in 1985.
Folders are arranged alphabetically by subject.
Donated to the University Archives in 1971.
Processed and finding aid written by Julia Teran on February 17, 2014.
- Guide to the Wayne State University School of Social Work Dean's Office Records
- Processed by Julia Teran.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description