Blaine Marrin Papers
Collection — Container: Small Processed Collections: Li-Ma, Box 10, Folder: 10
Scope and Content
The Blaine Marrin Papers covers the period from 1947 to 1955. It includes correspondence, reports and other items collected by Blaine Marrin.
- Agreement: Automotive Tool and Die Manufacturers Association and Local 155 and 157 (1950 October 4).
- Committee for a National Third Caucus (1947 July 7).
- Blaine Marrin, Letters and Award.
- Region IA Headquarters Dedication (1955 April 28).
- W. Reuther Testimonial Dinner (1953 May 2).
- Shops in Local 157 (1952 January 29).
- Society of Tool and Die Craftsmen.
- Survey of Rates of Pay in Tool and Die Shops (1952 May, 1953 February).
- Union Elections.
- 1947 - 1955
Language of Materials
Material entirely in English.
Collection is open for research.
Refer to the Walter P. Reuther Library
Rules for Use of Archival Materials.Restrictions: Researchers may encounter records of a sensitive nature – personnel files, case records and those involving investigations, legal and other private matters. Privacy laws and restrictions imposed by the Library prohibit the use of names and other personal information which might identify an individual, except with written permission from the Director and/or the donor.
Blaine Marrin was born in Norway, Michigan on May 6, 1906. He joined the UAW in January 1935. He served as Financial Secretary-Treasurer and President for UAW-CIO Local 157; Vice President, Michigan CIO; and was an Executive Board Member CIO-PAC. In 1966 he was elected a trustee for the UAW.
.25 Linear Feet (1 folder)
This collection contains correspondence, reports and other items collected by Blaine Marrin, former president of UAW Local 157 (the UAW's tool and die local for western Detroit) and a trustee of the International Union.
Material arranged in 1 folder.
The papers of Blaine Marrin were deposited with the Labor History Archives in October 1966 by Blaine Marrin.
- Blaine Marrin Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note