Skip to main content

Wayne State University College of Education Building Committee Records

 Collection
Identifier: WSR000100
The collection consists of the records of the College of Education Building Committee for which Willard M. Bateson, associate professor in the College of Education, served as chairman, and records from the College of Education’s Column Raising Ceremony. The Column Raising (or cornerstone laying) Ceremony for the new College of Education Building was held on Thursday, June 11, 1959.

Dates

  • 1957 - 1959

Creator

Language of Materials

Material entirely in English.

Access

Collection is open for research.

Use

Refer to the Walter P. Reuther Library Rules for Use of Archival Materials. Restrictions: Researchers may encounter records of a sensitive nature – personnel files, case records and those involving investigations, legal and other private matters. Privacy laws and restrictions imposed by the Library prohibit the use of names and other personal information which might identify an individual, except with written permission from the Director and/or the donor.

Extent

.25 Linear Feet (1 MB)

Abstract

The College of Education Building Committee Records detail the planning and events involved in the construction of the College of Education Building at Wayne State University. The four-story building, designed by architect Minoru Yamasaki, was completed in 1961 and provided 96,000 square feet of space, which allowed the college to centralize its offices and classrooms.

Arrangement

Materials are grouped by subject.

Acquisition

Donated to the University Archives in 1961.

Related Materials

Refer to Wayne State University collections.

Processing History

Processed and finding aid written by Julia Teran on March 18, 2014.
Title
Guide to the Wayne State University College of Education Building Committee Records
Status
completed
Author
Processed by Julia Teran.
Date
2014-03-18
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Walter P. Reuther Library Repository

Contact:
5401 Cass Avenue
Detroit MI 48202 USA