Skip to main content

Wayne University College of Education Teacher Placement Records

 Collection
Identifier: WSR000096
These records of the Wayne University College of Education contain teacher placement information from the years 1919-1940. They include Detroit Board of Education placements and assignments, placements of graduates not from the College of Education, cumulative lists, and placement statistics from those years. Additionally, the records contain information on graduates’ placement in the teaching fields, and other statistics regarding their activities before graduating.

Dates

  • 1919 - 1941

Creator

Language of Materials

Material entirely in English.

Access

Collection is open for research.

Use

Refer to the Walter P. Reuther Library Rules for Use of Archival Materials. Restrictions: Researchers may encounter records of a sensitive nature – personnel files, case records and those involving investigations, legal and other private matters. Privacy laws and restrictions imposed by the Library prohibit the use of names and other personal information which might identify an individual, except with written permission from the Director and/or the donor.

Extent

.5 Linear Feet (1 MB)

Abstract

The Detroit Normal Training School was founded in 1881 by the Detroit Board of Education in order to train teachers for Detroit's public schools. The Normal School was renamed the Detroit Teachers College in 1920; in 1933, the Detroit Teachers College became the College of Education of the newly formed Wayne University.

Arrangement

Folders are arranged by subject and chronologically thereunder.

Acquisition

Donated to the University Archives on December 8, 1960.

Processing History

Processed and finding aid written by Lura Smith on November 6, 2013.
Title
Guide to the Wayne University College of Education Teacher Placement Records
Status
completed
Author
Processed by Lura Smith.
Date
2013-11-06
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Walter P. Reuther Library Repository

Contact:
5401 Cass Avenue
Detroit MI 48202 USA